1. I ate 10 pounds of puppy chow this past weekend.
2. I ate 10 pounds of mashed potatoes. (Not really, but I wanted to.)
3. I got compression socks for Thanksmas. (Thanksmas is when it’s my side of the family for Thanksgiving, but we still want to have Christmas too.) So we have Thanksmas. I love Thanksmas just as much. I got lots of great things, but, about those compression socks – I thought it would be a good idea to get some because I heard they help your legs during running and recovery after. Let me tell you something. They are tight. Not tight like nylons, but tight like a sausage casing. I am not known for having thin calves, in fact, my calves can barely fit in my Hunter boots, but for crying out loud. I nearly cried out loud because of them. After I had them on, and was running, it wasn’t too bad. In fact, if my hamstrings wouldn’t have been hurting so much from a Body Pump workout three days ago, I THINK I would have really enjoyed it. Maybe I should get compression tights. Oooh….Maybe I should run in my Spanx….
4. This year for Christmas we are again doing the present theory of…something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read. And that’s it. Maybe a couple little things for the stockings from Santa, but I really like the limited gifts. It makes it so much easier on us both with finding things for the boys and financially. It just makes so much sense for a family like ours.
5. For a few brief months we fell off the Dave Ramsey bandwagon. But, never fear. We are back on. We didn’t work as hard as we did for the last 5 years in Wisco to be ruined by truck troubles and some medical bills.
6. This means I have to get creative with my projects around the house. Use what we’ve got and don’t spend any money.
7. I just made puppy chow. We ate a ton of it over Thanksgiving. Did I mention that? Unfortunately, I thought we had powdered sugar. I very nearly put flour on it. Now we have chex with chocolate on it. No powdered sugar. I’m an idiot.
8. I will be seriously sad when the Hallmark Christmas movies are over. I absolutely love watching them. One of my favorites is “The Christmas Letter”. I will watch it every time it’s on.
9. Blizzard-like conditions today. Looks like we’ll get about 5 inches. It’s been snowing all day long. The boys go crazy over it. Me, not so much.
10. I’ve eaten half of the chex with chocolate just while writing this. Awesome.
11. The older two will be home any minute from school. Chaos is about to commence. I saved the dishes for this exact moment, just so it can be even more chaotic. Also, the laundry is in the middle of the hallway upstairs and the driveway needs to be shoveled. Right on top of it.